Cork Learning City wishes to recognise and celebrate examples of lifelong learning across all ages, interests and abilities that demonstrate
innovation, endeavour, and resilience in the context of the years 2020 and 2021.
Spirit of the Awards:
These awards are a celebration of how lifelong learning enables people to change their lives and how
learning has become the vehicle to improvement in life, work and community.
All applications are welcome, but special consideration will be given to individual candidates who have overcome significant social, economic or educational barriers to realising their full learning potential.
Judges will be looking for evidence of sustained commitment to advancing and positively supporting the experience of lifelong learning.
Entries will be judged by the Adjudication Panel based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the culture of Lifelong Learning in Cork
- Positive impact on the local and wider learning community
- The use of innovative approaches to encourage and support Lifelong Learning
- Testimonials from Learners, employers and/or Third parties will be welcomed.
- Use of inclusive working methods, e.g., reaching out to ensure that those who most need to get involved in, or benefit from, inclusion
This form should be used to nominate a Group, Organisation or Individual.
Groups or Organisations may also nominate themselves.
Closing Date for nominations 5pm on Friday 18th June, 2021
Please note the 2021 Awards Ceremony will be delivered as an online event.